Why should we have five to nine fresh pieces of fruits a day, organically grown if possible?
- Contain on average 80% water just like the human body does
- 100% bad-cholesterol free
- The ultimate brain fuel
- Healthy natural fibers
- Makes you feel better
- Healthy diet
Fruit contain on average 80% water just like the human body does
Like 80% of our body is water so does 80% of fruit consist of water!
If you think about it, it’s logical for the human body to consume food that contains as much water as the body itself. The nutrition that meets that requirement is fruit. There is no other food than fruit on this planet that contains on average 80% water.
Fruit is 100% bad-cholesterol free
Too much bad-cholesterol is not good for our bodies and fruit doesn’t contain bad-cholesterol. Animal products like meat and dairy contain a lot of bad-cholesterol.
Read more »
Research proves that eating at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables each day is an essential part of a balanced diet and can help us stay healthy. By following the 5-a-day guidelines, you could reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease and other conditions. That’s why it so important that we get enough of them.
This page will tell you about what a portion is, what counts as a portion and why colours are important. It also contains five helpful tips for getting your 5-a-day.
Five reasons to get five portions
- Fruit and vegetables taste delicious and there’s so much variety to choose from.
- They’re a good source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium.
- They’re an excellent source of dietary fibre, which helps maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
- They can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
- Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy and balanced diet.
Read more »